Welcome to fourth grade! We are very excited for a great 2020-2021 school year.We will be learning many new and fun concepts this year.
Below is a link to some fun educational websites that your child may enjoy. Also, in the class notes, there is a link to a letter about logging into Prodigy- a fun educational math game- using our class code.
Educational Websites and Games
- In science, we will begin the year learning about energy. Students will learn about the different types of energy, transfer of energy and the conversion of energy. We will explore energy with our PLTW unit: Energy Collisions. Students will be engineers as they design a vehicle with Vex kits. Students will also learn about renewable and non renewable energy.
- In social studies, we will begin by studying our government. Students will learn about the purpose of government, the three branches of our federal and state government, and the balance of powers within our government. We will visit our state capitol in the fall.
- In reading,we will begin the school year by exploring non fiction. We will review text features and explore the different text structures. In read aloud, students will discuss point of view will finishing the Sarah, Plain, and Tall series.
- In writing,students will begin the year learning about informational writing. They will be writing biography about a person in their life. They will focus on the writing process, researching through interviews, organization of a paragraph and sentence structure.
- In math, students will begin by review multiplication strategies. They will begin to practice comparative multiplication and using strategies to complete for complex word problems.