Welcome to fourth grade! We are very excited for a great 2019-2020 school year.We will be learning many new and fun concepts this year.
Below is a link to some fun educational websites that your child may enjoy. Also, in the class notes, there is a link to a letter about logging into Prodigy- a fun educational math game- using our class code.
Educational Websites and Games
- In science, we will begin the school year learning about energy. We will be focusing on types of energy (potential and kinetic) and forms of energy. We will also be completing investigations about energy transfer in our first PLTW unit: Energy Collisions. Lastly, we will discuss energy sources while we explore renewable and non renewable energy.
- In social studies, we will begin the year learning about government. We will learn about the three branches of government at the federal and state levels, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. We will also be comparing and contrasting local, state, and federal government.
- In reading, we will begin by exploring the different text structures and text features of non-fiction text. We will also be developing stronger vocabulary skills and strategies.
- In writing, we will begin with our biography writing. Students will write a biography of a person of their choice. Throughout the writing, students will conduct interviews and learn about writing complete paragraphs while practicing complex sentence structure. They will also learn about proper dialogue format and proper usage of commas.
- In math, students will begin the year with a focus on multiplication and division strategies.
Have a great summer and we are excited to see you on August 26!!!!!!